Monday, September 7, 2009

* Insert Car Wash song, by Christina Aguilera feat Missy Elliott *


The date was 6th September 2009. It was a historical day. I went on a car wash under the CUS club at the Immaculate Conception church that day. The car wash was to raise fund for the CUS activities, especially the upcoming ICG camp. I woke up as early as 4.45 am because I was to check attendance for the members who will wait at the Sungai Dua station. My Gosh, it was damn cold showering early in the morning. I used to shower at 6 am and also around 5.3o am something but to shower at 4 something in the morning was like the champion of coldness. Thank God there were not many hostel mates who witnessed me shivering like crazy. Fuh~! I arrived at the Sungai Dua pondok as early as 6.15 am, and of course I was the first to be there. Then, there were only 5 people who turned up at the Sungai Dua station, because majority of the CUS members who participated in this car wash waited at the RST gate.

Around 7.30 am, we arrived at the Immaculate Conception church. The church was a beautiful church and it was quite a shame I never attended a Mass there. I usually went to the Our Lady of Sorrows (OLS) church, because it was the nearest church to USM.

Cheng Yee, Arthur, Marcela and me were responsible to lure the parishioners who attended the Mass to let us wash their cars. We were divided into groups, and my group only consist of four people, namely Clevellen, Eduard, Veraneeta and me. I was in a dilemma situation as I wanted to promise the customers that we would give them a good wash as I was aware that their expectations are high, as most of them were from wealthy background. It was a far different scenario compared to the parishioners at OLS church because most of us at OLS church came by buses instead of our own transportations. But thank God there were some of them who let us wash their cars merely for the donation purpose. Some even gave donation without us needing to wash their cars. The priest was the generous of all as he gave our club RM50 just to wash one car, and then he was the one who gave us permission to have a car wash activity going on there. ;) Thank you, Father!

We had a fun time washing the cars though tiring. Well, maybe I wasn't that tired compared to the others as I didn't really wash the cars because I had to search for customers. I was quite nervous because we were running out of time to finish washing the cars that time, but thank God some of the customers were not in a hurry to go back, so we had enough time to finish washing their cars. Phew~!





The scenario of the car washers, busy cleaning up the washing tools after finishing the activity.



Eduard @ Diva and Siaw Yan were posing as I took their pictures. Anyone interested to let them model your products in the future? ;)



Our happy faces after finishing the car wash. What an achievement. Hooray~!

We raised quite a lot of money for this car wash. Hopefully, there will be less financial worries for the ICG camp. ;)

On another note, I just wanted to mention about the fun night out every week with my sister and seniors after the Sunset Mass. I did not take this for granted though we do it quite often. Every moment spent together was to be treasured as I am aware that the next semester, we might not go to church together again as they would be involved in teaching practicals.

So, I immortalized this fun moment we had together last week here.


I'm soooo gonna miss you all the next semester!!!!! (*=*)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin