Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Looking for Inspiration...

Whenever we want to make a public speaking or a speech, it is advised that we should pick the title we are most familiar with, and which is better if your audience could relate to. So I have this oral communication and public speaking in English (HEK212) paper which needs all of the students to prepare their speech by the next week. The title is "Personal Experience" which is general by the way, so we ourselves had to find a specific title which is our personal experience and present it the next week. So here I am, at lost at what I should present the following week. I just had one idea in mind right now, which is "Stroke", since I had a bad experience with it. Not that I ever had stroke before, but my father was diagnosed with it when I was 18. But the problem is that I am bored to death reading the facts about stroke, what more to present it to the audience who would probably yawn the whole 3 minute if I present about it.

So the million dollar question is - What should I present huh??

Should I present about my shopping experience - which is not a really intriguing title since everybody knows about shopping well, or maybe I should present about the coping up with the hectic schedule of a university student, or maybe the benefit of studying in USM (yawn~).. OMG - I am running out of useful/acceptable/good ideas.

Maybe I should present this - how to make sleeping/eating in the lecture hall less obvious. Okay, here's a way:

1) Remember to bring a big book with you which you could use to cover your face - then voila, pretend to be engrossed in the book and actually what you were doing behind it was something else.

2) Sit behind someone who's taller than you in the lecture hall. Now you're free to do what you want, even to pick your nose.

3) Pretend to be rubbing your forehead. This will ensure you the chance to sleep for a few minutes.


Okay, I guess I have to get serious now.

Chao~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin