Friday, January 22, 2010

Sometimes, I wish I have my own reality show...

I hope there's a video camera capturing every moment of my life though my life is not very interesting..

It's because though my life isn't interesting and I don't always get invited to parties or big events, I always witness something interesting.. Something which was meaningful that could make me tear up on the spot if I lose my self control.

Question 1:

Have you ever seen a Muslim friend helping a Christian girl sticking the posters which promote the Christian club around campus late at night?

I have seen that. And that Muslim girl is my good friend, Pizal.. She insisted on helping me to stick the Catholic Undergraduate Society posters though I asked her not to.

Question 2:
Have you ever heard a Muslim friend advising her Christian friend to pray before and after eating a meal or even a simple bread or kuih?

I have heard that. And that Muslim friend is my good friend Hawa, and she always remind me to pray before and after eating according to my own religion. And I always remembered to do that ever since. Thanks girl..

Have you ever seen three strangers from different races, Malay, Indian and Chinese ended up becoming friends during a Ko-K activities?

Well, I have never seen it, but I did experienced it, because the Malay girl was Salwa, Indian girl was Hema, and I was the Chinese girl. We met while I was taking the swimming Ko-K last year. We ended up becoming friends, both of them helped to teach me how to swim as I was the slow learner. I always joked that we made "Iklan Petronas" while socializing together.


If you think One Malaysia is only a failed mission, you could be wrong because it was already possible even when One Malaysia haven't start. Actually, we did realized about the importance of unity among races long before, it was just that sometimes we didn't realize it because we just thought that we were friends so naturally - we forgot that we were actually befriending someone from different background, different races, and different beliefs, because we focused on the similarities rather than the differences. And that was the good thing about it. We look as our friends not based on their physical differences but something beyond that, which is our thinking and our stand.

So, don't try hard to pick someone who is different from you and be friends with them just to fulfill the so-called One Malaysia. Let your friendship work out naturally. Just focus on someone who has the same thinking as you, and you will be surprised that the person who has the same thinking as you usually comes from a very different background, different belief, and different practices.

And that is the foundation of a friendship that will last rather than just a semester's friendship.


KESIMPULAN: DALAM PERSAHABATAN, ANDA TAK PERLU MENGUAR-UARKAN KONSEP SATU MALAYSIA DAN MEMBUATKAN PERSAHABATAN ANDA NAMPAK PALSU.
BIARKAN PERSAHABATAN ANDA BERMULA DENGAN NATURAL, TANPA PERLU SENGAJA BERGAUL DENGAN ORANG YANG BERBEZA HANYA UNTUK 'MEREALISASIKAN' KONSEP INI KERANA AKHIRNYA ANDA AKAN SEDAR DENGAN SENDIRINYA YANG ORANG YANG BERBEZA DENGAN ANDA SEBENARNYA ADALAH LEBIH MENYERUPAI ANDA DARIPADA ORANG YANG SAMA DENGAN ANDA.

PEACE~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin