Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SECRETS FOR SALE!

"They say, a picture tells a thousand words.

But have they ever wondered, in that 1000 words, how many of the thousand are true?"



Honestly, I am just a so-so fan of Singaporean drama. Only a few of Singaporean dramas could capture my attention, such as Little Nyonya, Holland Village and The Hotel. Why? Erm maybe because majority of the Singaporean drama usually revolve around money issue, family and all that cliche stuff. *Yawn*
So when my eldest sister recommended 'Secrets for Sale' drama series to me, I was skeptical to watch it. My sister told me it was very nice. I was like, "Ok, but I prefer watching movies over drama, cause I am kinda lazy to follow up the next episodes." I was hinting to her to take back those DVD that she offered to me - but she didn't get the hint (or maybe she did it on purpose :P). So I gave this drama series a chance and I started to watch them one night, and yeah, I am glad that I did. 

I finished the 13(?) episodes in just 2 and a half day. It was very addictive.

Just like the theme in this series which revolve around honesty, trust and prejudice, I shouldn't judge this drama merely based on my own prejudice ideas about Singaporean dramas. After I watched it, I think that I really like the dialogues and the characters in this drama, especially Ren Yi's character, which was the character played by Christopher Lee.

 
This is the theme song in this movie, which I began to like. :) Catch Christopher Lee, Jesseca Liu and the other famous Singaporean stars in this series. :D

A LITTLE synopsis about this drama. 

The story started with Jia Qi (played by Jesseca Liu) and her sister's family on vacation at Malacca. Jia Qi's brother in-law received a phone call, thus he went off while his wife, Jia Qi's sister followed silently behind, because she suspected her husband was having an affair with another woman, thus leaving Jia Qi with their two little boys. Out of the blue, someone took the two boys away, and all the family members disappeared except for Jia Qi. 

The story was fast forwarded three years later; depicting Jia Qi's occupation as a private investigator (PI). During one of her task, she dropped her DSLR camera (ouch!) on someone's car, and that someone happened to be Ren Yi (Christopher Lee). First meeting, and they had very bad first impression of each other.

Ren Yi and Jia Qi met for the first time in the first episode.  Not a very good first meeting though.
photo source: here

Due to Ren Yi's jobless state and his very good photography skill (he was an award winning photographer but due to an unfortunate circumstance, he was maligned and he couldn't work in any related fields due to his bad reputation), he was finally hired by Jia Qi to work for her PI firm. He was given a three months probation period, mainly because Jia Qi could not really trust him at first.

Despite the ongoing arguments between the two, they actually had chemistry, and subsequently they were impressed with each other once they knew each other better but both were very ego and could not accept the reality when they realized they had feelings for each other. But this story did not only revolve around these two and their romance but much, much more than that.



Jia Qi and Stanley in one of the later scenes. 


 Photo source: here



Plus, the appearance of Stanley (played by Thomas Ong) in the picture, as Jia Qi's long time sweetheart, made the storyline became more and more interesting.


Secrets for Sale - Pictures are not always the best evidence as one can frame others through an angle, for example, like the photo above. XD
Photo source: here
This story is one story which could play with my emotions where I was laughing like crazy at the beginning and cried silently towards the end of the series. If you think you can control your emotions very well, I challenge you to watch this.
One of the lessons that I inferred from this story is that sometimes evidence is not the only way to seek for the truth but it is your instinct which plays a greater role in identifying the truth. And another thing I learned from this series is that no matter how long you know a person, that person is not necessarily trustworthy. Sometimes, the person whom you never suspects could be the culprit causing all the troubles to you.

Okay, before I spoil the surprise, I better stop right now.

To know more about this series, check this page out. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin