Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Designer Vintage Baby Nursery

Lauren Clark knows how to decorate a nursery. Not only did she create this designer vintage room for her little guy Solomon but she is also a professional photographer.  Her site Lauren Clark has more info on this stunning room and has a lot of wonderful photographs to check out.

I've been trying to figure out which details are my favorite - the license plate art, the baby mobile or the accents of red everywhere.  Hhhmm I think they all are! Wall color: Valspar's Crafted White

Lauren says, "I've been trying to decide on a baby mobile for the nursery and wanted to think up a new idea that I haven't seen before and make it myself. After thinking and browsing tons of etsy sites, it came to me: paper airplanes, and then comics and then a bike wheel to spin them all.



Here is what I've come up with. I will have to find a way to safely secure it to the ceiling since it weighs about 5 pounds, but I think it will make a cute mobile!



I bought 3 old comic books from an antique store for $2.50/each and used a glue stick to glue the comics to both sides of a thicker card stock paper. I had cut the paper in half for 3 larger airplanes and cut it into 1/4ths for the smaller ones. While the paper was still pliable from the wet glue I went ahead and folded them into a "Dart" airplane and let them dry.



I cut red ribbon and folded it in half and glued a loop into the top fold for something to string it through and then glued the bottom flaps down to look a little more manicured. The bicycle wheel is a 20 inch for a child's bike that I bought new at the little bike shop here for $24. I can't decide if I will spray paint the wheel or not, but this is the progress!"



 Brilliant nursery mobile using a bicycle wheel and comic book pages made into paper airplanes.










Lauren, you're one talented girl!! Thanks for sharing Solomon's nursery.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin