Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Vintage Nursery

Loving this sweet vintage, shabby chic nursery! Designed by Vicki for her daughter Sofia - Vicki was 9 months pregnant when she painted the tree mural. In a few years this room will transition nicely into a "big" girl room. According to Vicki: "I created this room for my daughter who was born Feb 1st, 09. I've always loved shades of "Tiffany" blue and I think that this room reflects that - Diamond Vogel paint, "Cobalt Blue". I am so happy with how the hand painted wall tree mural turned out. I taped (double sided tape) large fake peonies to the wall to add dimension. The leaves are gold metallic. I also added a peacock last minute. This was all painted in one day while 9 months pregnant! I finally got the Pottery Barn Catalina magazine wall rack that I've had my eye on for a year now (roughly $100). A previously used mirror from another location in the house serves as her dressor mirror (I think it was from Home Depot for about $99). It's a little larger than I think I would have liked ideally, but I've gotten used to it. Corner antique cream estate sale table $27. Two wall shelves $4 each, Hobby Lobby. A hand me down crib from Grandma's house (checked for safety of course), and the white dresser is from American furniture, roughly $350. Curtains are discontinued target Shabby Chic collection from Ebay. Chandelier $130. Brown side table, flea market find $30. Enjoy! The bumper and the fitted sheet are from Target from the Shabby Chic collection (no longer available)."

Repost : )



Our link up party is going on NOW! 
It's all about design and decorating ideas for kids. Share your nursery, kids room, kids party, baby shower, kids crafts, DIY projects, furniture - anything relating to design and decorating for kids.  I'll be choosing my favorites soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin