Sunday, October 11, 2009

Next Week's Madness!!

Gosh.. I didn't realize I just posted a title without contents until I visited a friend's blog and noticed that I suddenly have an update from her blog links. And the update was (refer to the title above) without contents. Err, I don't remember clicking the 'Publish Post' button.. Guess I must had accidentally clicked it.. Huhu.. Paiseh..

Since next week I will sit for two tests, namely Phonetics and Phonology (on Monday, fyi) and Children Literature (on Thursday, huhu), two replacement classes on Tuesday and Wednesday(both two hours, -__-) and my 50% coursework assignment needed to be handed in next Friday, I guess there will be sooo little time for chores and rest. Glad that I've bought my stock last night! *wink*

About the 50% coursework asssignment which I needed to hand in next Friday, it's my Creative Writing final draft. Yeah, and my first draft got a negative remark from my lecturer. The story I wrote was about a transgender woman (Joe) who went to have her (actually his) confession with a priest. Then, Joe remembered her past, when she was still a male, a teenage boy, back in high school. There, I wrote that he had a best friend Ralph who had always protected him since he was a usual target for bully. Joe eventually fell in love with his own best friend and that's when their friendship began to break because Joe was too embarassed to meet him after his confession with him. After that, I wrote how he became a school drop-out and met a beautfiul lady who happened to be transgender woman. She influenced him to follow her step and promised to sponsor his transgender surgery only if he sign a contract with her. He signed the contract without much hesitation and after he had the operation, he, err, in this context, since he already undergone a surgery, he is officially a she physically and mentally. Little did she know that herwork as a masseur was more than meets the eye. The service was more than just massaging. There were sexual service included.

Joe felt betrayed and he soon approached her. She said that Joe had to do what he had to do because she had signed the contract. Joe was trapped in that circumstance, since she had not much option less, as a school drop-out. After accepting her reality, Joe really put in her servcie to whatever the clients wanted. Finally, she was diagnosed with AIDS. She lost her way, though she had much money that she earned from her profession. Suddenly, she remembered about her past, her belief, which reminded her of her only best friend, Ralph. She was extremely distressed, and she couldn't sleep for many nights. She needed peace, and that was what she got when she finally made her way to the church, and eventually made it into the confession box, to have her confession.

After all the stories of her past with the priest, the priest was silent. He opened the curtain and Joe was shocked to learn that he is actually Ralph. Her own best friend. She reconciled with him and at least gained what she wanted all this while, peace and forgiveness.

Looking back at this story, no wonder the lecturer doesn't like it. It's too dramatic, and so coincidental. I guess I have to change my ending. Which means, more work and more time consumption. If this was 20% coursework, I wouldn't mind that much, but this is 50% out of the of my total mark for Creative writing, so no, I would not take any chance on this one.

Err, last but not least, wish me and all the ELS students good luck in our test tomorrow. ;) Peace, yo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin