Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No Excuses

"Wah, of course you can score lo, your course is so easy... Mine so hard! And your school probably is more lenient than mine"
(Annoying Anonymous, 2008/2009/2010)

Have you ever come across people like these?

When you talked about academic with this kind of person, things like these tend to be blurted out, where when this person encountered failure, instead  of admitting his or her own faults for not being more dedicated or more motivated, that person blamed the lecturer or the dean for being too strict. Or even the course and subject itself for being so hard to be learned or very hard to score.

Whenever this person heard that a friend or a stranger scored high marks in their paper or courses, instead of showing admiration or being impressed with that successful person, this person will just say

"Oh, his/her school more lenient ma.. Easier to score ma.. Lecturers so sporting. Not like us. If I study that course, I will score like him/her or scored even better!"

You...!

Shut up and listen up..!

One thing that YOU need to realize.

Any course, regardless of how easy and how hard it is,
at the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing.

EFFORTS.

If you have guided efforts, you can score no matter how hard that subject is.

And if you don't have efforts, you cannot score no matter how easy that subject is.
(unless you're sitting for a kindergarten test with your university level knowledge)


In my Mandarin class, I used to think that me, being quite familiar with the Mandarin language since my high school years compared to my other classmates who were just introduced to this language, I thought that I could score the mid term test easily, thus giving less attention and efforts to this particular subject.

But when I saw the result... DUSH! I scored rather badly. And my classmate/friend who was not familiar with Mandarin and was just introduced to this language recently in this class, scored higher than me.

SO, the Moral from here is that, being familiar with something does not ensure you to score in that paper. Cause the way your answers are evaluated are not based on what you gained in your brain, but it is about what you can give from your brain.

You know what I mean?

No matter how good you are able to understand and absorb that knowledge, if you cannot present it well either in written or orally, you can never score.

But of course, first of all, you have to understand the knowledge.


So...

Stop giving excuses for your failure. That's just so annoying and irritating. Start to recognize your own weaknesses and improve it.

Last but not least, good luck in your exams guys and girls.

God bless!

;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin