Friday, July 22, 2011

Money Talk

Today I am going to talk about something which is so relevant to all of us, that is money. Money had always been an issue to us humans, whether we have too little of it, or too much of it. It's always gonna be a problem.


They say... money can't buy your happiness.

I say... 'but, money can decrease your sadness.'

They say... more money, more problem.

I say... 'no money, no life...'

They say... money is the roots of all evil.

I say... 'I agree... but many people do good deeds with money, such as donation, dana, etc.' Oprah is one very good example, don't you think so?

If you and I think carefully, actually money is not the problem. Money is just an object. When you let money control you instead of you control the money, it's from there that the problems exist. Humans, as hypocrite as we are, we blame money for everything when in actual, the greed, stinginess, insecurity and materialistic behaviour inside us which create problems out of money for us. If we put our priority well, we won't have money issues. If we put money as priority, we will easily be insecure when we run out of it. 

I hope that I can practice what I am posting now. I myself had a weird relationship with money. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. But then I realized, money isn't the problem at all. It's the way I handle them. 

I hope I can practice what Jesus said. "Don't worry about what you eat or what you drink. Even the stray birds are fed, what more to say you as the children of God." Erm I know this is not the exact saying but the gist are there. Hehe. I am not sure too from which chapter it is taken. (-_-") 

But the thing is, don't let yourself be the slave of money, instead let money be your slave. Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin