Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby Girl Nursery: Robin's Egg Blue & Red Color Combo

Aqua blue and cherry red are some of my favorite color combos.  Abbie of Five Days Five Ways

created this adorable nursery with many DIY projects for her sweet little girl.



1. What gave you the idea for the room? Anything special that inspired you?



  I LOVE fabrics, so when I found Alexander Henry's Starling fabric--the perfect whimsical bird-themed fabric with shades of red, aqua, and pink, pops of black and white, and just a hint of a retro feel--and knew I had to have it (this was at least two years before my daughter was even born). I ended up using the Starling fabric (in Natural) on her curtains and her bumper and everything came together after that.







2. What is the wall paint color and/or wallpaper brand/name? Any do-it-yourself projects?



Umm...YES! I made all of her bedding, her curtains, picked the fabric for/designed her rocker, made her butterfly mobile and her framed butterfly art, recovered her ottoman, and spray-painted practically everything I could get my hands on (including her chandy) Krylon's Banner Red. There are very few things in her room that I did not tweak and/or make.  What can I say? I'm a DIY fanatic! : ) Laura Ashley's Spruce Frost is the wall paint.







 3. Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What's your favorite purchase?  Any interesting facts our readers would want to know?



I bought her furniture (crib/dresser) as a matching set on Craigslist from a woman who used to own a children's boutique. The brand is Legacy. Her swivel/rocker was a mint green brocade nightmare that I bought for $25 on Craigslist (talked him down from $50!). I picked the fabric and had a local lady recover it (for a steal!). Just look at it now! It's definitely my favorite piece in the room!  



Thanks for sharing Abbie! 






If you would like to share your kids room, kids party or any creative kids idea with our readers, link up to our link up party!  The party starts at midnight Friday (Eastern) or 9:00 pm (Pacific). Here's a few ideas of what you can link up... baby nursery, kids room, teen room, playroom, curtains/valance for kids room, furniture for a kids room, DIY project for a kids room, wall/paint treatment for a kids room, kids sewing project, baby shower, kids birthday party, teen birthday party and kids crafts. The ideas are endless for any creative project for babies, kids or teens!! I will also share my favorites from the link up party.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin