Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall Home Decor Trends 2011

I can hardly believe that many students across the country are already back at school!  That means we are officially headed into fall and I will be honest, I am not ready for it!



But I always love an excuse to "freshen up" my home decor.  So I am going to use the impending change of season as a chance to spruce up my home (and perhaps my wardrobe) and prepare my home for a little fall decor!



Pantone, the leader in the color industry, says that this fall we should expect to see a "mosaic of color and style."



The colors below are the colors that Pantone suggests will become industry standards this fall in both fashion and then home decor items.  These colors range from dark to light and are reflective of many "popular" colors in many time periods from the past, not just one.  But they will be combined in new and inventive ways this fall.      





We should also expect to see things that have a vague nostalgic feel.



Simple country cottage feel {via}


Eclectic nostalgic feel {via}


And the trend to make old things new or to find new purposes for things, will continue to grow.



Refinished coffee table {via}


Using salvaged windows and doors in home decor {via}


I love this seasons' popular design trends because they are so easily accessible, so simple, and often inexpensive!  By changing or adding simple things to your existing space, you can create a new, trendy look for not a lot of dough.



Change a paint color, refinish an old item you already have, re-grouping existing items in a new way, or go scavenger hunting for treasures at yard sales or antique stores!



I can't wait to start adding a few new items to my home this fall!  But I'd love to know, what is your favorite fall home decor trend?



Ashley Phipps is an Interior Designer, NCIDQ #25242,
living in the Indianapolis area, and author of the blog Simply Designing.  You can follow Ashley at her blog Simply Designing, Facebook and Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin