Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It Happened Yesterday...

  I was riding in a Rapid bus. After an argument (as usual) with my sista, I felt tears in my eyes, and I didn't want it to roll down my face (especially in front of the other passengers), so I tried to look away, distracting my attention away from my emotion and tried to focus on the passengers that recently walked into the bus.

( I know people would think I'm congek a.k.a crybaby, but I will correct them by saying I am emotional instead.. :P.)


So I observed a father and daughter who recently came into the bus, and both of them looked extremely happy. There was no doubt they were enjoying each other company very much. The little girl looked like she was around 6, and the father looked like he was thirty something.

After they were seated, what I saw made me failed to hold my tears. 

They were communicating in sign language.

The father was mute. 

The little girl gestured the sign language to tell something to her father and smiled happily and the father replied back in a sign language. I had no doubt both of them were communicating nice things to each other; perhaps what they would do at their destination later.





I imagine this is the front view of them. I was observing them from their back actually.


Gosh I felt hot tears streaming down my face and quickly wiped it. My plan to hold these tears had failed. But this scene that I was looking at somewhat hit me hard. These father and daughter had every nice thing to say to each other yet the impairment caused them not to be able to say them out in words, so they depended on sign language instead, and here, I was able to say nice things to people around me yet I chose to speak hurtful, mean words instead. It was one on the spot moral lesson.


But still I wondered, when will I ever put into practice this lesson God had shown before my eyes?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin