Sunday, August 28, 2011

Passionate Peyton & My Passiveness to Pursue

 Interframe: I'm not sure if it was because of the holiday or what but suddenly I'm obsessed with drawing, cooking, and taking photos. I used to like that three things but not as obsessed as now. Gosh gosh gosh. I'm sure it was because of the holidays...


I used to be a One Tree Hill freak during my high school days. I love the casts because the they fitted the characters perfectly. Anything to do with OTH would make me go gaga during those days, even the theme song, 'I don't want to be' by Gavin DeGraw.




The casts of One Tree Hill



Peyton Sawyer is the girl with blonde curls... Isn't she stylish and pretty?;)
Among the colourful characters in these series, there was one female character that caught my attention because she's unique among them. Her name is Peyton Sawyer. It was her passion for arts and her love for drawing that caught my attention, because I have that same passion, it was just that it was a long time since I last drew anything complete. The things that I drew or sketched during my boredom attack would be incomplete or merely some rough sketch that did not make any sense.  




Peyton Sawyer's style


Below are Peyton Sawyer's work of arts which I grabbed from this website - Peyton's Art. 
Although it wasn't Hilarie Burton herself who actually drew it, I was inspired by the character she played. She invested her time and money in what she liked to do. I wish I am willing to do that. Her work of arts, her drawings, if you noticed, are her mediums of expressing herself. She wasn't drawing just for the sake of drawing but to express what she had in her mind.


 I like the style of her drawings, the dark comic kinda essence in it. It's so cool and so herrrr... 

And because of Peyton's character, I am excited and motivated to resurface my love for drawing at the moment. These few weeks, I had tried drawing the faces of the kids I observed during the day, and during night time I would try to draw the faces of my friends [which do not resemble their faces at all -_-" ]



The holy picture that I drew in order to save money on buying one. (-_-")

I realized that I was very passive in pursuing my love for drawing before, and I only draw when I wanted to save money or save time. Yeah, I was cheapskate to that extend. I remember there were only two complete pictures I drew during my stay in USM hostel; one was a picture of Jesus, and the other was a picture of my friend Susanna. Well, I drew the face of Jesus because I realized I didn't have any holy picture with me to paste in my room, so I drew the picture myself to save money on buying holy pictures (please don't condemn me huhu) and well... I drew a picture of Susanna because I thought of presenting it as a gift to her during her birthday (so that I need not to spend any money on presents, please don't condemn me)..  And I ended up keeping that drawing myself because I didn't want to give her a drawing which didn't look like her at all. It didn't do justice to her real pretty face. Unlike those who are passionate about arts, I didn't spend enough time on drawing,  nor spending money to buy the materials and tools for producing artwork. I would just use the 2nd best material or just borrow some of the stuffs from my sister.  (-_-")




The so-called portrait of Susanna. Maybe I should call it her caricature instead. A caricature which doesn't look like her at all. Hadey!!
But now I am beginning to spend money on my hobbies (hopefully I won't stop halfway like before). Currently, I have bought sketch book, drawing book, 6B and 8B pencils to improve my childish drawings.  All of them cost about RM10 if not mistaken. (O.. what an improvement on spending for hobbies) Just hope that I would be productive during these remaining holidays. May time moves slowly...

Happy Raya Aidilfitri in advance for those who are celebrating it. I just sooo love holidays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin