Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to SCHOOL: Dry Erase Clip Board.










Hi everyone I am Desirée from The 36th Avenue!


It is great to be back here at Design Dazzle as one the Contributors to this fabulous BLOG and share with you one of my latest projects...


Now seriously... Am I the only one that can't believe that school is AROUND the corner? I don't know about you but I am shocked with the fact that my kids are starting school the 15th of AUGUST...

Where did SUMMER go?




Keeping this is in mind I think it is fair to say that the source of inspiration for my project is PANIC... It screams PLEASE HELP ME to deal with all of the back to school chaos. I have an  8, 9 and 10 years old... yep... Can you see now what I am talking about...








So here is what I came up with... a "back to school chart" to help me I mean help  them to stay on top of things and make the transition and the school year stupendous!




I made three of them, two for my girls and one for my boy...









This is what you'll need to make yours :


Regular Acrylic Paint, Clipboard, your choice of embellishments {ribbon, paper, fabric}


and vinyl  for the lettering...










The Steps Were REALLY SIMPLE...



1st: We painted the CLIPBOARDS...


{ I let the future owners of the boards help... ;) }










2nd: VINYL Time!


I used a high gloss vinyl for the polka dots and squares so the  dry erase markers could work on it and be erase easily... pretty cool! {CLICK HERE FOR A FULL TUTORIAL OF HOW TO APPLY VINYL}










3rd:


Time to embellish the clipboards...


I want to keep them really simple, so I used just a strip of scrapbook paper and some ribbon for the girls. To make my boy's board look a bit tougher I used squares instead of dots and I antiqued the clipboard  using a regular ink pad.










a closer look...












...I want them to be not just adorable BUT useful...

so we came up with the coolest plan of how to use them,

you can click here to see it.

...This is it. We can't wait for school to start!













Now I better go... I need to get some chalkboard paint for the back of the clipboards ;)



I'd love for you to come and  visit The 36th Avenue, for some other fun back to school ideas and ENTER TO WIN the CUSTOM VINYL KIT that I used to make this project!







Make a Custom Tote!

~HOW TO PAINT FABRIC USING STENCILS~





















Notebook T-shirt



Thank y♥u again Toni for having me...

I love it here!










Desirée.



Desiree, this is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea!





We are having our link up party Friday. Summer Camp has ended - so our link ups will be all about baby nurseries, kids rooms, kids decor, kids parties and kids crafts!! Come back and join the fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin