Monday, August 8, 2011

Preppy Chic Baby Nursery

Sweet pink nursery designed by Eboness Belin. "Inspired by 80’s prep- think Lacoste polo shirts,  coupled with 90’s Shabby Chic-think  wrought iron chandeliers and water colored flowers, I designed my baby girl Emerald  a nursery I believe she’ll really be able to grow up in. I didn’t want the room to look too “babyish”, and I’m personally not a huge fan of licensed characters in a child’s room.  That being said,  the challenge for me was to combine décor items I already owned,as well as making smart purchases on  larger furniture pieces to get the look that I was after.  As she gets older and develops her own tastes, we can make edits to the room without starting from scratch,  and that for sure is a money saver.   I used the the internet to do research first, then shopped for  comparable styles in my price range but keeping quality and safety at the forefront.  My final tab for the entire room- $1350, a steal considering some cribs alone cost $1350!"







What is the wall paint color?   Behr in Scented Valentine  

Any do-it-yourself projects? Yes!  I spray painted the dresser mirror which was brought in from another room, and the dress form to a crisp clean white.  I designed and arranged the floral neck corsage and basket of flowers for the dress form.  I added the hot pink satin ribbon bows to the crib rails for a customized look without the price tag-the ribbon was purchased at Walmart.

Monogram Door Hanger:  I hot glued pink silk flower petals onto a white wooden letter "E", and added the grosgrain ribbon bow for a soft, feminine touch to introduce the Preppy Chic theme of the room.

Vintage Postcards Display:  I spray painted an open back silver frame Bright White and hot glued a piece of ribbon along the back of the frame to create the "line"- clipped the vintage postcards on with a clothespin, and voila!




Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? Bedding: Penelope collection by Pottery Barn Kids / Vinyl Wall Decal: Hobby Lobby / Area Rug:  Pottery Barn Kids / Vintage Postcards: save-on-crafts.com / Crib: Target/ Dresser, Side Table, Chair, Bookcase, and Picture Ledges all from IKEA / Trio of Green Valises: shopfeatheryournest.com



What's your favorite purchase? The dress form- it was my inspiration for the entire room.   

 

Any interesting facts our readers would want to know? With the exception of the crib I purchased big people furniture pieces so that the room could easily evolve with her own style and tastes over time without having to redo the entire room.















Thanks Eboness for sharing this sweet baby girl nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin